The chaos of the early days of online gambling are long gone. These days casinos need to be tightly controlled and regulated, as does the software that they use.
From the moment they are created by software providers like Microgaming and Playtech, to the moment they are launched on an online casino and then played, all pokies undergo strict controls, audits and regulations, making sure they are fair, legitimate and honest by the time the player puts their money in.
This is great news for the modern pokie fan and in this article we’ll point you towards the pokies that undergo the tightest regulations.
The Best Software
Microgaming is the best when it comes to trusted and high quality pokies. They produce more pokies than any other developer and they also create games with high RTPs. Microgaming got there first, creating the first online casino back in the 1990s, and they are also the biggest pioneers in this industry. Not only did they create the first progressive pokie (Cash Splash), but they also created the progressive pokie that is often listed as the biggest and best (Mega Moolah).
Their table games are also great, but pokies are where they excel and if this is what you play the most, then you will fall in love with the Microgaming software.
The Best Pokies
These are the pick of the bunch of Microgaming pokies, the ones that either return the best odds, or are just great fun to play:
- Avalon II: Arguably the best pokie on the Microgaming software, Avalon II was created as the successor to Avalon, which we don’t rate that highly if we’re honest. This game is spectacular though. There are a few random features, including a wild reel that appears in the middle reel, an instant win, a multiplier feature that comes courtesy of a randomly appearing Merlin, and a main feature that takes you on a quest for the holy grail. This is a long quest and one that you will take over the course of many bonus features, giving you the incentive you need to keep playing and to keep coming back.
- Playboy: We really enjoy the multiplayer version of this pokie and have sung its praises many times. The graphics are average at best, but the setup and the base game play is fantastic. The purpose of the base game is to build a multiplier, which you do by spinning more and betting more. This then comes into effect when one of the players in the room (there are half a dozen) lands the three magazine symbols and triggers the bonus feature for everyone. If you build a big multiplier and then make it to this round, then be prepared for a huge windfall.
- Retro Reels: This is as basic as it gets and because of that, this pokie is readily dismissed by most players. It uses a format that most retro pokies use on the Microgaming software. However, while it doesn’t look much on the surface, Retro Reels has one of the best RTPs you will find. Not only on this software either, but across the internet. Doesn’t look so bad now, does it?
- The Dark Knight Series: The are two games here, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. The first has a slightly higher RTP, even though it also has a progressive jackpot. The latter has more features though and we much prefer it. This includes a free spin feature that triggers a battle between Bane and Batman, with each punch or kick triggering a multiplier or a free spin.
- The Gee Gees: Like Retro Reels, this is also a retro game with an old-school layout, but there is a little more going on here. This is actually one of the most unique games that you will find on the Microgaming software and even though we have played hundreds, if not thousands of pokies, we have played nothing like this.
The Best Casino
There are hundreds of quality Microgaming casinos out there and we can vouch for many of them. A large number of these are fair, safe and honest. They offer quality games, a wide range of banking options and a lot more. However, there are a few big things that separates them, including new member bonuses, loyalty programs and more. And when you begin to include these, Royal Vegas Casino is one of the casinos that stands out the most.
This casino has been around for a very long time and it is owned by one of the biggest names in online gambling, Digimedia. It offers all Microgaming pokies and table games, and doesn’t cherry-pick these like so many other casinos do.
So, if you want the best and the most trusted pokies from the best and the most trust online casino, then look no further than Royal Vegas Casino.