Visiting Adelaide and looking for gaming entertainment? The Skycity Adelaide is located in
North Terrace, Adelaide South Australia and is formerly known as the “Adelaide Casino”. It opened in December 1985 and is licenced by the Independent Gambling Authority. It is the only licensed casino in South Australia. An interesting piece of trivia is that the Adelaide Casino is located in Adelaide’s historic Railway Station building.
The Skycity Adelaide is Adelaide’s 10th largest employer, with over 1000 employees and contributes approximately 19 million in state taxes annually.
In 2012, a 350 million plan to redevelop the Skycity Adelaide was announced. This was to include a hotel, increased gaming areas, VIP suites, additional bars and restaurants, rooftop pool and spa. This was later revised to 300 million in an announcement made in November 2015. This recent announcement detailed plans for a 80 room hotel, gaming suites for VIP International guests and fine dining restaurants with renowned chefs.
Skycity Adelaide Casino Facilities Overview
The Skycity Adelaide Casino views itself as a gaming and entertainment venue. It has gaming entertainment areas, 6 restaurants, 5 bars and designated function areas.
The Skycity Adelaide Casino has two gaming areas – the main gaming area is open for general entry and VIP gaming areas. The VIP gaming areas are called The Grange Room, Platinum and BLACK electronic gaming rooms. These areas are VIP guests and entry is by invitation only.
Games on offer at the Skycity Adelaide:
There are 90 gaming tables in the gaming area of the Skycity Adelaide Casino. Games on offer:
- Baccarat – Baccarat, Rapid Baccarat
- Big Wheel
- Blackjack – Blackjack, Free bet Blackjack
- Lucky Big Wheel
- Poker – Poker, Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker, Caribbean Stud
- Roulette – Rapid Roulette, Roulette
There are 950 electronic gaming machines in the Skycity Adelaide Casino.
Games on offer include: SKYHIGH mystery jackpot, Major money jackpots, Duo Fu Wa, 1c Cash Express, 2c Cash Express, Shoguns of Cash, Fort Knox, BLACK jackpot, Platinum Major Jackpot, Poker Progressive Jackpot.
The Skycity Adelaide Casino has a dedicated poker area called the “Poker Zone”. Texas Hold em Cash games and tournaments are on offer. Check the Skycity Adelaide Casino’s website for details on the tournament schedule.
Restaurants and Dining
The Skycity Adelaide Casino has a number of dining options ranging from casual dining to fine dining. Here are a list of restaurants on offer:
- Sean’s Kitchen – Contemporary Dining, inspired by New York Brasserie
- Madame Hanoi – French-Vietnamese Espresso Bar and Bistro. Run by celebrity chef Nic Watt.
- Barossa Cafe – 24 hour Cafe
- Fortuna Buffet – Asian Specialties
- Cafe Junction – Aussie style meals
- Oasis Outdoor Bar – Outdoor bar and alfresco dining. Wood oven pizza. Live sport and Live Entertainment
The bars at the Skycity Adelaide Casino range from sports bar to cocktail bars. Here is a list of bars at the casino:
- Chandelier Bar – Cocktail Bar
- Grandstand Sports Bar – Sports bar with TAB and Sportsbet facilities
- Oasis Outdoor – Outdoor Bar
- Backyard Bar – Beer Garden and Backyard bar
- Barossa Cafe – 24 hour Cafe
The Adelaide Casino has designated function areas available for events. These areas include Sean’s Kitchen, Madam Hanoi, Oasis outdoor bar, Chandelier Baar, Grandstand Bar and Cafe Junction.
Although the Skycity Adelaide doesn’t have a hotel, here is a list of hotels close to the casino:
- InterContinental Adelaide
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide
- Mercure Grosvenor Hotel
- The Playford Adelaide
- Miller Apartments Adelaide
So if you are in Adelaide you now know that the Adelaide Casino has gaming entertainment, restaurants and dining, bars, function areas and several hotels nearby.